Monday, June 8, 2009

Did you know that a plane lands and takes off every 5 seconds?

This morning I woke up in a daze. It didn't help that I woke up at around 8:30AM, but I just couldn't snap out of it. I somehow made it through the day even though I rode Cid, drove to Douglas Feed with my mom, and took a photograph of Robyn's dance class for the Loomis News. Hopefully tomorrow I will snap out of it after working out and baby-sitting two crazy girls for two hours. Plus I'm riding Handi-dandy which will make me super happy.

On The Pioneer Woman's website today, she (Ree, the blogger) held a contest today. She was giving away a pair of Lucchese (pronounced Loo-K-C) boots. I have been drooling over their boots for months now and quickly entered her contest. Ree said that the winner can pick any choice of boot as long as it is under $400. So I have been pretending that I won and scrolled through pages of boots, imagining myself in one of these suckers. Most of the Lucchese cowgirl boots have the pointy toe, but I found a perfect square toe boot made from antelope leather. How about these fancy boots? But if I absolutely had to get a pointy-toed boot, it would have to be the buffalo hide boot or the stone-washed boot. Mmm...all this boot talk makes me want to convert to full-on Western riding!

Enough boot talk. In our pasture we find quite an array of objects in the dirt. Most of the time we find shards of glass and broken pottery pieces, but I have found a dog-tag from the Vietnam War and a few other bizarre objects. A few days ago I found the best object ever; a real live turtle! This guy was massive! He probably weighed about five pounds and was ten to twelve inches long. One of our pygmy goats, Io, found him first. I had no idea what to do with him, so I watched the turtle crawl to a shady spot and waited for my mom. When she finally arrived, she didn't know what to do with it either, so I suggested that we transport it to Folsom Lake. That was quite the adventure!

First of all, we didn't realize how heavy this turtle was. Second of all, we didn't realize how much poison oak there was on the trail. But we finally got to the water's edge (which wasn't that far, thanks to the rise of the lake's levels!), and realized our brand new friend.

Here is our turtle friend in the bucket we transported him in!

Mom placing him onto his new home.

A better view of his brand new home.

Wow, what an entry! Not...he just hid in his shell until we left.


Now it was time to leave and head back up to the trail and into the poison oak!







Then we saw a deer! How exciting! Mom kept kissing at it so I could get a photo with it's head turned. No such luck...

While we were walking back to the car, Robyn decided she wanted to be on "America's Next Top Model." Yeah...



She would make Tyra proud!



And here is a photo of our very happy friend to end this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment